Calling for Interest in Treasurer for JDFMHA
JDFMHA is need of a member to fill the position of Treasurer for a one-year term.
The candidate would stand for the position at a bi-election held in early 2018.
The suitable candidate will have a proven accounting or finance background that demonstrates an understanding of basic accounting principles coupled with financial management skills, particularly with regards to budget preparation and analysis.
Please be advised that the day-to-day accounting and bookkeeping including AP, AR, Account Reconciliation and maintenance to the General Ledger is tasked to the Office Administrator. The Interim Treasurer role would involve oversight of finance and accounting, as well as providing the Executive and Association Members with general counsel on matters that fall under the Treasurer Duties as set forth below.
There would be a orientation available from the acting Treasurer in addition to the support of the Administrator.
Treasurer (Table Officer)
- Shall present an accurate monthly Financial Report to the Executive Committee of Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable;
- Shall oversee maintenance of the proper set of books to record all financial transactions;
- Shall ensure all books be accurately detailed, up to date and readily available for audit or as required;
- Shall present, at Annual General Meetings (AGM), a detailed Financial Statement of the current finances of the Association;
- Shall prepare preliminary annual budget each summer using projected registration figures provided by the Registrar;
- Shall coordinate with Registrar to verify compliance on fee payment for all registrants;
- Shall provide updated Budget following completion of registration;
- Shall coordinate Ice Rental Agreements with V.P. of Operations;
- Within two (2) weeks following the AGM, shall submit appropriate documents to the Societies Act;
- Shall provide advice on any Executive Board’s proposed spending outside of accepted line item expenditures;
- Shall ensure that the Office Administrator consolidates and processes all team Representative funds due annually in October;
- Shall be responsible to ensure all bank accounts are annually set up and operational for all teams to assume while being responsible for closing and reconciling all balances at the conclusion of each season;
- Shall provide oversight for the paid Office Administration position;
- Shall Chair the Bursary and Scholarship Fund Committee;
- Shall report to the V.P. of Administration any outstanding issues or concerns.